There are a number of different types of cookies, but they are all used to improve the website’s performance and to enable certain functions.
Cookies are used to better your overall website navigation, in particular by:
- enabling more efficient navigation from one page to another;
- storing user names and preferences;
- allowing users to enter certain information (user name and password) just once during their visit;
- tracking the user experience, both in website navigation and function;
- recommending ad delivery and behavioral advertising.
There are a number of types of cookies we use on this site, which we list here with a description of their function.
List of cookies
Disabling cookies is a function of the browser you are using to view our site. The help feature in most browsers provides the method for disabling, deleting, and controlling cookies. Please note that disabling and/or limiting cookies may interfere with a number of functions on this site.
Instructions for disabling and/or limiting cookies can be found here:
- Mozilla Firefox https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/
- Windows Internet Explorer http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/block-or-allow-cookies
- Google Chrome https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en-GB
- Opera http://help.opera.com/Windows/10.00/en/cookies.html
- Apple Safari https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201265
These cookies are necessary for some areas of this site to function correctly. Technical cookies include both persistent and session cookies. Without these cookies, the site as a whole or some areas of the site may not function correctly, so these cookies are always enabled regardless of user preference. These cookies are always sent to our domain.
These cookies are used to gather information regarding site navigation and use. We use this information to monitor site analytics, to better the user experience, and to ensure the correct function of the site. These cookies gather information anonymously about each user’s activity within the site, the channels used to arrive at the site, and the site pages viewed. These cookies are gathered by the site or by third party domains.
Third Party Cookies
This site uses third party cookies from the following:
- Google (Google Analytics cookies): Google Analytics is a tool used by Google which uses performance cookies to gather anonymous data regarding user navigation, used to analyse how users navigate the site, to compile reports regarding site activity, and to furnish other analytical information including the number of visitors to a site and the pages visited. Google may share this information with third parties when required by law or when these third parties handle the data for Google. Google Analytics cookies may also be used to show related content in other Google products (including Google search). Google does not associate user IP addresses to any other data held by Google. Data gathered by Google is transmitted and stored on Google servers located in the US.
For additional information regarding the use and handling of cookes by Google Analytics, check the cookie usage policy: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage
- The monitoring of Google AdWords (Google Inc.) conversions is a statistics service provided by Google Inc. that links the data from the Google AdWords advertising network to the user activity inside this site. Personal data gathered: cookies and usage data. Handled in the US: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
- AdWords Remarketing (Google): is a Remarketing e Behavioral Targeting service provided by Google Inc. which links the activity in this site to the Adwords and Cookie Doubleclick advertising networks. Personal data gathered: cookies and usage data. Handled in the US: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/ Opt-Out: https://www.google.com/settings/u/0/ads
- Criteo Remarketing: Criteo is a Remarketing and Behavioral Targeting service provided by Criteo Corp. Personal data collected: Cookies and Usage Data
- Google Fonts (Google) is a font viewing tool run by Google Inc. which allows this site to integrate content into its web pages. Personal data gathered: cookies and usage data. Handled in the US: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
- Vimeo is a video sharing platform https://vimeo.com/cookie_policy
- ShinyStats: Third party cookies allow an overall analysis of user visits for statistical and informative uses. http://www.shinystat.com/en/privacy.html (Opt-Out: http://www.shinystat.com/en/opt-out_free.html)
- Pinterest https://about.pinterest.com/en/privacy-policy
- Instagram https://help.instagram.com/155833707900388
Third Party Websites
Cookie enabling and consent is handled through the settings of each individual user’s browser used to navigate this site, and users can change or update their cookie settings at any time on their browser.
The person responsible for the handling of personal data and cookies is the owner of this website, who can be contacted through the website’s official email address.